ICMA EXPO Update – June 4, 2020
We have been closely monitoring the environment and the impacts of COVID-19. In this unprecedented time, we, along with many other associations and event organizers, are working hard to navigate through many factors. It’s at our core to unite the companies in the card industry. We want to provide an opportunity to re-connect and get back to the business that we all thrive on. When people meet, exchange ideas, network, share innovations, and collaborate – great things happen! For this reason, decisions about the EXPO have not been made too abruptly. Along with all of you, we continue to watch and see how things unfold on a global scale. This includes considerations on the safety and well-being of our attendees, evaluating the readiness of the EXPO destination, monitoring CDC and WHO guidelines, and understanding our attendees’ ability to travel considering restrictions, corporate guidelines and budgets – and many other variables.
We have come to the conclusion that hosting the EXPO on August 30-September 2 is no longer a viable option due to the factors described above.
As part of our evaluation process, we are reviewing all potential options for connecting again. Options include re-scheduling this year’s EXPO to October 11-14 — or offering a virtual event on a dynamic platform that allows for live presentations, virtual exhibits and networking, with the next in-person EXPO being held in 2021.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through this evaluation process in this unprecedented environment and ask for your patience on a final direction. We anticipate a decision in the coming few weeks.
We share in everyone’s concerns and disappointment over the impact COVID-19 has been having on so many individuals, families and businesses across the globe. We look forward to giving everyone in our industry an opportunity to re-connect at the EXPO at the best time for all involved. We will be in touch with everyone soon, and in the interim, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We recognize the extraordinary impact Coronavirus is having on individuals and companies, and we hope for the health and safety for our members and attendees. We continue to monitor the CDC for prevention recommendations.
We recognize there are questions surrounding ICMA’s decision to postpone the EXPO due to the Coronavirus outbreak. We hope the information below is helpful.
Saddlebrook Resort automatically cancelled rooms that were reserved in the ICMA room block. You should have received an email from the hotel regarding this cancellation. If you want to verify this or if you reserved a room at the Saddlebrook outside of the ICMA block, call the hotel directly at 813-907-4401. Or email RESV@saddlebook.com.
New EXPO Dates
See June update above.
Your EXPO Registration
We will roll-over all registration fees paid to the new EXPO dates. Once the rescheduled dates are known, we will be in touch with registrants directly with instructions on this roll-over process and to answer questions.
Exhibitors and Sponsors
We will be in touch with companies individually once the new dates are known.
We understand that some airlines are currently allowing changes to itineraries without any fees – we are working as quickly as possible to get new dates established. All changes to airline tickets and itineraries are the responsibility of individual travelers.
We share in everyone’s concerns and disappointment over the impact Coronavirus is having across the globe. Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation as we work through this process. We look forward to giving everyone in our industry an opportunity to re-connect at the EXPO at a better time that is safe for all involved. We will be in touch with everyone soon, but in the interim, contact email@example.com with your questions.